Biltwell Gringo S - Vintage Desert Spectrum - ECE R22.06
This product is sold out.
An old favourite but now with a new fit and new features. The latest Gringo S helmet not only meets DOT regulations in the US, it also meets the new European ECE 22.06 regs. The shield mechanism now uses the same anti-rattle closure featured on our Lane Splitter helmets. Three shell sizes replace the previous two for improved fit and comfort.
The Biltwell Gringo S has a sleek, old-school and iconic look from back to the 70’s with the high protection standards of the present time. The Gringo S is made of a slim profile ABS outer shell with hand-painted beautiful colors, CE certified anti-scratch and anti-fog visor, removable and washable liner with hand-sewn diamond stitch. Also there are speaker cut-outs for intercoms, a double d-ring chin strap and the helmets are ECE 22.06 and DOT certified.Injection-molded ABS outer shell is lightweight and highly resistant to impacts
- New Dual Density expanded polystyrene (EPS) internal safety shell absorbs and dissipates impact energy without compromising comfort
- Moulded urethane chin bar pad dissipates energy during front impact
- Chin strap features brushed fleece Lycra touchpoints for comfort, and a D-ring retention system with red quick-release pull tab for speedy removal
- CE-certified, injection-moulded polycarbonate shield features anti-fog and anti-scratch treatments for durability and safety
- Rugged hinge hardware with robust detents allows you to ride with the shield open at slow speeds to increase cooling airflow
- Anodised aluminium washers and stainless-steel hinge screws can be swapped with different colours and finishes to personalise the look of your helmet (hinge hardware sets available separately)
- Removable/replaceable comfort liner and cheek pads are constructed with fleece Lycra and open-cell foam padding to absorb and evaporate perspiration
- New BioFoam head form panel and ventilated polyester padding maximise airflow around your head to ensure coolness and comfort
- Moulded EPS ear pockets fit select aftermarket audio accessories
- US DOT FMVSS No. 218 compliant / ECE R22.06 certified
A Word About Helmet Fit:
With added EPS safety foam, these helmets offer a more secure fit on the lower portion / cheek area than our previous DOT only version. So...'Try BEFORE you buy' and this will ensure you get the correct size/fit.