MONIMOTO 'MM5' SMART MOTORCYCLE TRACKER
Monimoto Silent Alarm with GPS Tracking.
Sadly we all dread the fact that our pride n joy could be stolen one of these days! Unfortunately its a fact motorcycle theft is increasing. Bike manufacturers are helping by introducing anti-theft devices like smart immobilisers to newer bikes but that doesn’t help all of us with older shed built bikes and classic bikes.
There are plenty of alarm devices available which may help mitigate your loss but these often involve a lot of technical processes requiring being wired into the bike, using the bike battery as a power source and with a rather costly subscription charge to a GPS service provider.
So when we discovered the Monimoto Alarm and tried one on our own bike, we were more than impressed!
The Monimoto device is completely self-contained, doesn’t need to be wired to your bike and is extremely simple to install. Click Here for the further information
How it works
The Monimoto has GPS, GSM and Bluetooth modules inside as well as an Accelerometer. It also comes with a small key fob that communicates straight with Monimoto device.
When Monimoto and the Fob are next to each other the alarm is in Ready mode (ready to detect any kind of motion, e.g. riding a motorcycle). If the Monimoto device detects movement without the Fob being present within ten metres then the silent alarm is triggered. You will be called immediately on your smart phone and sent the GPS coordinates. If the Fob is brought back to the bike during the Alarm - Monimoto goes back to Ready mode. Click here for full details
What’s in the kit?
- Monimoto self-contained unit 12.5cm x 3.5cm
- Active Fob
- Pre installed EU GSM SIM card (2 months free EU roaming plan thereafter Euro 3.0 per month)
- Batteries (2 years battery life)
- 2 x re-usable zip ties
- Monimoto is compatible with IOS and Android
Setting Up & Installation
Download the Monimoto APP and follow the simple set up procedures to link the Fob with the alarm unit.
The alarm unit is easily installed with the two zip ties to a hidden spot on your bike.
- There is an option to use your own independent SIM card and roaming plan.
- This unit should always be used together with quality bike locks and chains to make even more difficult for thieves!
- Monimoto meets IP65 standards, meaning it is protected from dust and against low-pressure water jets, such as a faucet.
- The Fob meets IP50. Keep your Monimoto KEY away from contact with water as it is not waterproof
- Monimoto Fob is not supposed to be used as a key chain and should be kept separate from your motorcycle keys – in your pocket or backpack. This will prevent you from loosing the linked Fob in case your motorcycle keys are stolen.