Resurgence Gear® 2020 Cafe Racer PEKEV Mens Motorcycle Jeans - Black
This Selvedge denim based jean is the signature product in the Resurgence Gear line up, and has been updated to provide greater protective coverage with more of the jean covered with PEKEV, and now including D3O’s revolutionary 5mm thin IP Ghost armour for the ultimate comfort combined with safety, and…. Now CE Certified too.
- 80% PEKEV fabric coverage
- Wicking mesh lining
- 12oz Selvedge denim
- Slim leg, Levi 511 esque fit
- Height adjustable knee armour pockets
- Includes D3O’s revolutionary IP Ghost CE Level 1 armour at the knee and hips, 5mm thin for comfort and discretion with complete impact protection
- YKK zip
- Built in stretch
CE EN17092 rating – AAA
Colour – Raw Blue, Black
- PEKEV® Technology
Every biker knows that in the event of an accident a person must have:
- Protection against road impact
- Protection against abrasion
- Protection against cuts
Pushing the limits of Aramids and Ethylene fibres, we use only the highest quality spinning techniques available. Improving tensile strength and converting them into fabrics using exclusively elite blends we developed a 3rd generation PEKEV® fabric - this is one of the strongest and most stable fabrics in the world!
Made from the world’s toughest polymer based material, it has the highest breaking point for yarn. The tensile strength of the overall fabric is unsurpassed among all contemporary protection layers. It has the highest impact strength of any thermoplastic presently made, it’s highly resistant to corrosive chemicals (with exception of oxidizing acids), has extremely low moisture absorption, a very low coefficient of friction, is self-lubricating and is highly resistant to abrasion - in some forms being 15 times more resistant to abrasion than carbon steel. It is highly resistant to water, moisture, most chemicals, UV radiation, and micro-organisms.
Our fabric is internationally field tested and ready for the most demanding motorbike riders of the world. Where other brands fail to perform in safety, durability and comfort we excel - wash after wash and drag after drag!
- World’s toughest polymer based material, the highest breaking point in yarn
- With a world beating abrasion resistance of 10.83 seconds, the results of our CE EN13595-1 level 2 testing, you are wearing the results of ten years of research every time you ride out
- CE rating is for the whole garment, not just the hip and knee protectors
- Over 200% stronger than aramid, 15 times stronger than carbon steel
- Dual layer and cross knitting, exceptionally strong against motion cuts
- Protective lining is 270 GSM, stronger than 550 GSM aramid lining
- Wash safe - moisture will not affect performance, wash after wash
- Wicking lining to draw away moisture (body sweat)
- Disperse body heat quickly, greatly improves riding comfort
- Soft Inner mesh lining, soft on skin
- Overall Jeans weigh 0.5 kilos less than our nearest competitor (stronger materials equals less weight)
- 100% of the jeans are covered with the protection layer, from the top of the waistband to the bottom leg seam
- No outer armour/pad pocket stitches
- Includes D3O T5 Evo X removable hip & knee armour (this is not an additional cost like with many other brands)
- Highest quality materials and production, up to 20 times more lifespan than other brands
Unlike aramid fabric which degrades quickly PEKEV® is strong against:
Ionic enzyme washing. In 90% of cases aramid fibres are treated with ionic enzymes when washing denim, so performance is affected right from the point of manufacturing. Aramids are sensitive to acids. PEKEV® is unaffected.
Bleach. Chlorine bleach (sodium hypochlorite) treatment completely destroys the strength of aramid fabrics. PEKEV® remains unaffected.
Ultra violet (sunlight to you and me). In strong sunlight, or a high UV environment, aramid fibres degrade and life cycle is reduced. With PEKEV® there is no degredation and the fibres are unaffected.
Moisture. Aramid strength is affected by moisture and washing. PEKEV® is again not affected.
Detergents. Superior chemical resistance means that the performance of PEKEV® is unaffected by these.
Heat dispersion. Most aramid fabrics retain heat and do not breathe PEKEV® disperses body heat and is breathable, so keeps you cool comfortable and able to focus even on long runs on sunny days.
D3O uses patented, patent-pending and proprietary technologies to make rate-sensitive, soft, flexible materials with high shock absorbing properties.
D3O® Ghost is the thinnest and most flexible limb protector range from D3O.
Designed as fit and forget armour for use in motorsports and mountain bike, D3O® Ghost is made with the revolutionary new Impact Print technology which allows for unrivalled freeform geometry and flexibility.
CE certified to EN 1621-1:2012, Level 1, for Ambient and Wet conditions
Type A coverage
Superior breathability and low-profile design
Market-leading flexibility, with geometry which conforms to the limb, fitting perfectly against the body.
Simple integration into garments through hook and loop attachment space at the top of the protectors.
Recommend to place limb protector with the fabric side facing to the jeans to ensure no read through of the protector.