KNOX HANBURY MkII Men's Hand Armour Leather Gloves
The Hanbury MkII Men’s short glove for spring and summer riding.
A classic short cuff leather motorcycle glove for spring and summer riding.
CE approved and now with MICRO-LOCK under the knuckles for superior impact protection.
- Made from 0.8mm goat leather with MICRO-LOCK knuckle protection for impact resistance.
- Stretch accordion detailing on the fingers and wrist.
- CE certified to EN 13594 – 2012
- Stretch leather cuff strap and articulated finger detailing.
- Carefully constructed to ensure a great fit.
- Clarino palm overlay for enhanced grip
- Patented low profile Knox Scaphoid Protection System (SPS) on the palm (Patent No EP1594378) to eliminate the grab effect that occurs when a leather palm makes contact with the road, reducing the risk of hyper extension which can be the cause of a broken scaphoid
Generally a scaphoid injury is caused by either a compression fracture or by hyper extension.
It’s easy to understand how the SPS can eliminate this injury.
Hyper extension is caused when the palm of the hand comes into contact with the road when falling from a bike. Normal leather grabs the road and slows the hand down while the forward momentum of the upper body carries on and overtakes the hand which is now loaded. This is the main cause of hyper extension.
By placing the Knox SPS on the palm the plastic parts have a low coefficient of friction and slide easily forward. As the hands slide forward they eliminate the potential of both hyper extension and compression loading because the hand is always in front of the body.
This system is now further supported by the new Knox wrist slider that further enhances the sliding effect over a greater area.