Jack Stillman - Nomad XL Sling Bag
The Nomad Sling Bag looks unusual but it's made to outperform and outclass any mass-produced, lazy-stitched nylon "sports" bag you want to challenge it with.
The Nomad was conceived under the ideals of old-school military equipment that needed to be tough, practical and resistant to battle. Who's got your back: Sgt Barnes the WW2 Commando or Lionel the lycra wearing bicycle courier? Cover me Barnsy!
It was January 2019 and the Vietnam monsoon was unloading on Da nang City. Gale force winds and rain so thick it posed me a drowning hazard as I rode headlong into it on my 250 Yamaha scooter. My Nomad XL was strapped across my front and we were both taking a bath! This was not what it was designed for. When I finally got home I unzipped the Nomad expecting to find frogs and lily pads but the interior of the Nomad was dry and so was my gear. Thoughtful design, 100% cotton and a protective layer of beeswax had beaten this extreme weather. I wouldn't recommend this kind of activity day after day but it re-affirmed to me that old-tech doesn't mean obsolete. *The Nomad XL is water-resistant, not water-proof.
- Australian Designed
- Dimensions: 42cm H x 24cm L x 13cm W (The top "peak" is 18cm W).
- Strap length 78cm to 110cm
- Approx 12 litres
- Can fit laptops and tablets up to 22 x 33cm
- Weight 0.950kg
- Solid 2mm thick veg tanned leather anchors on all stress points
- The design is expandable when more room is needed
- Zip guard protects the zipper
- Lock-off the zip pull for security
- 10 Year Warranty!
- Handmade from old fashioned materials
- Internal organisation pockets
- Cotton, burnt orange internal liner
- We use 16oz heavy beeswaxed cotton canvas that can be re-waxed using Granddad Jack's Sack Wax to maintain water repellency and fabric durability. It's old fashioned and it works!
- REAL Solid brass hardware
- All leather is 100% Vegetable tanned and hand-stained and burnished